Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wooly Angel




Look what the postman delivered today! She was waiting for me in a big red package and oh what a beauty she is. Thank you Sharon of Mustard Seed Originals. To see more of her wonderful dolls just click on Mustard Seed Originals.



I fell in love with her when I saw her - she is dressed in a beautiful soft fabric and has rug hooked wings and a beautiful hooked piece on the dress. She is all about the wool!



A beautiful sunset tonight as I type out this blog and at the same time watching the Olympics. Nothing like multi-tasking. I came across a wonderfully interesting site today which is all about women and the history of their lives and quilting called Women Folk.

I am a former quilter of 20 years and although I have given it up for rug hooking and punch needle, the design elements still interest me. I use those designs in my punch needle and still feel connected to the world of quilting in that way. I guess you could say I have built on my previous experience and have just taken a new path. My new punch needle pattern is called "The Blue Jug" and the background is made up of quilt blocks done in a small scale. Now to get it finished!


Yea Canada we now have 13 medals!! G'night....

No comments: