Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lazy Sunday!

Well all my good intentions went out the back door. Roby getting me up at 4:00 did not help. I do love early mornings - usually- but with the Olympics broadcasting all night on CBC it makes for very late nights. Mornings are my quiet time. I love to sit in the breezeway - listen to the birds chirping away with Roby at my side. It is like we are the only two living things ..then the bustle of the day starts.



early sunrise in Maine from my balcony










Did not bake my chocolate cookies or dye my wool threads or do all the other things I had listed in my mind. No I watched Olympics, cruised the web for 3 hours and worked on my Etsy shop loading up some new wool and checking out some of sellers out there. My they are a talented group of artists. What was the practical thing I did - cleaned out the freezer and every time I am so disgusted by the amount of food that gets forgotten and then thrown out. We keep promising ourselves to be more diligent - it is a work in progress!


I have been inspired by an artist on Etsy - to try something new. It will incorporate my punch needle which will be used to showcase the PN. We'll see how it all works out. Now I have to make the time. Still have one more commission piece to do and then start preparing for the forst show I am doing in November. I have no idea what to expect so it is a little intimidating.


Here is a sneak peak of one of my patterns that will be available in a couple of weeks. This was done for my sister who had a house built in the middle of the woods. The original now graces her front door. This was done using my hand dyed threads - Red Island Threads

They are waking up in China and the Olympics are starting up and I need to finish up my newest pattern...

I can't see myself posting every day so it will probably be about 3 times a week.




No comments: