Friday, August 22, 2008

Still Hot Night


Sitting in the breezeway at 10:00 pm, watching the recap of the Olympics and our two medal wins today. The cicadas are making such a noise tonight - it is one of those hot heavy nights we have rarely been getting this summer. It reminds me of the days we spent up North in the mountains last September when you could hear a pin drop. The water was so still and glassy, any sound reverberated off the mountains. It was a place of peace and relaxation. This year I will have to make do with my small little island of peace on Queens Road.



Roby and I say good night.....lots to do tomorrow. Hopefully will have some new wool threads dyed and hanging in the breeze to dry. A tray of scrumptious blueberry muffins ready to be eaten while musing on some new projects to be started.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Love the image of sitting in a breezeway. A nice word, that is ... breezeway. Hope you have a great Saturday and I'll look forward to our phone chat a demain. xo, S.

BumbleVee said...

looks like a wonderful place to live to me..... I am landlocked here in Calgary...