Friday, August 15, 2008

Where is the Sun?






We have had a terrible wet spring and summer has not turned out to be much better. If we get two days of sun in a row - we can count ourselves lucky. It has been a very wet 8 months!

I did manage to take a picture of these beautiful gerbera daisies that I planted in my window boxes. They looked pretty good then but are a little scarce in the flower department now. Lots of green but that is about it. I heard on the radio the other morning that "green" is what is happening in the gardens around here. I hope I will get some beefsteak tomatoes, which make up my favourite sandwiches. I am sure they will be scarce and expensive!


I am working on some new punch needle patterns. I have two winter ones done but I am just now finishing up some commission pieces so the patterns are on the back burner. I promised myself that I would make sure they were published by the beginning of September. The days just seem to fly by!


Did manage to make a trip to Maine in May - I just love the ocean. It is where I go every year to find my piece of calmness in the hectic days of my life. The ocean will definitely be the place I want to spend my later years when a job is not such a necessity.


The dye pots are being prepared for Sunday. I have 8 new colours of hand dyed wool threads that I did recently. You can see them on my website http://www.fullywoolyprimitives.com but I have a plan to do some background colours in light and dark in a one step process so that all the lights blend but there are subtle variances. It will be an experiment and if it turns out I'll post them here.
I made a pledge to my self to be more diligent in posting to my blog, but life tends to get in the way but now that things have settled down with the family I see more time on my hands.



No comments: