Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cinnamon Rose - a favourite colour


Red Island Wool thread
 Today the big soup pots come out and the wool fabric goes in for a large dyeing session. On the menu - the colour is cinnamon rose. It's a splash of cinnamon on a background of rose mixed with a reddish brown. I have been dyeing this colour for 5 years now and never get tired of the moment when the colour saturates the fibers. This cinnamon rose is a darker version that I use for my Red Island wool threads.

Working on a new cross stitch pattern release for Island Cottage Needlearts (my other name) and this newly dyed wool will be used for the newest release - the theme being hearts, roses and Victorian. So thinking of roses and hearts - brought to mind other items I have made in the past.

Tudor Rose Wool pincushion

Rose soap

Seaside Rose hand dyed wool strips

 Of course one of the flowers I love - Seaside Roses which can be found along many an ocean path. Certainly helps that it is a flower that grows at my favourite place. What more can one ask but ocean on one side and these gorgeous bushes on the other that just seem to pop out of nowhere with such a sweet fragrance permeating the salty sea air. Heaven on earth!



No comments: