Saturday, December 18, 2010

Life Changes


Life changes constantly - like the ocean waves you never know what it brings. These past two weeks have brought changes to my life. A dear gentle man who was a most important part of my life has gone and
will be terribly missed. Very fond loving memories live on.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

one of my favourite flowers - soon to bloom again!

As one chapter closes another opens. My 27 years of working 9-5 has ended. It is time to move on to new adventures and to do some of the things I have always wanted to do. Better to do it while you can as it was brought home how short and swift our lives are. How did I spend my first day of "freedom" as I call it. Baking! The mixer was humming along with me and the songs on the radio (Christmas of course) were playing in the background. The day's baking schedule was banana bread, chicken noodle soup, cream cheese pastries with hazelnut praline filling, gingie christmas trees and chocolate-cappucino cookies. Pictures to follow :). Today was a non-baking day but tomorrow will bring a new regime of baking - some more cream cheese pastries - a family favourite much in demand along with a cranberry cheesecake -shortbread torte. 
alas this is the only pic I have of this one - they were dug up by mistake by the gardener - 20 year old plants - ahhhh!
All this baking is going to require an addition to our regime - I will be getting out with Roby and walking more often - now that we have the whole day! What oh what will i fill my days with -   ha no problem there :)
and I have not even gotten into the rug hooking, the pattern making, the doll making and the long list of 101 other things I want to do...
Have a great nite.. Joni

No comments: