Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Beginnings 2012


the last day of 2011 leaves behind very loving memories of my fur buddy Roby (so greatly missed), great vacation trips with my Mom and my sister Lorraine (now the rug hooker), a beautiful holiday in PEI with my husband and Roby (his last), literally a new lease on life and an awareness of how important one's health is, nice family gatherings, finding new friends, some really good reads, a new direction for Fully Wooly Primitives, creativity with Island Cottage Needlearts, new found passion for rug hooking and so much more. It's been a couple of introspective days looking back at 2011. 


As to 2012, no one ever knows what the next day will hold let alone the next year. I do know that we will be getting a new addition to our furry children, that I will be focusing on my rug hooking for the next year, that I am launching a new series of patterns for Island Cottage Needlearts that is so exciting, that I will be going on my PEI holiday, that I will be listening to my body more than ever, that I will be meeting new people, that I will expand my creativity and that I will with an open mind, look, hear and taste the world around me. This is what I hope for 2012....


The paintings you see are from a wonderful artist Karla Gerard who I absolutely love. I will be making these available on my website. There will be about 20 of them that have been adapted for rug hooking. These will be drawn on linen and available in the shop starting next week... all a part of the direction I want to take Fully Wooly Primitives, which is All About The Wool.


Happy New Year everyone!.. many thanks to all my readers and customers who read my blog and drop by the website. Drive safe...g'nite. Joni

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love her designs, fun and whimsical.

Debbie

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Beautiful paintings! Your new year sounds like it is filled with lots of promise! Happy New Year!
Courtney

moosecraft said...

Happy New Year to you too, Joni! Life is for learning... and as long as you keep learning... life will be enjoyed! Your plans for 2012 sounds wonderful! As soon as I'm "nearly" caught up with projects already in progress here... I'll be looking forward to hooking and needlepunching some of your designs!

Wendie Scott Davis said...

Hi there Joni,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and linking me back to yours. I had a quick peek, but will come back later to look a bit longer.
It's such fun to find new blog pals out here in this great big virtual wooly world. Hope you are ok if I add you to my list on my page. It's always fun to share new destinations.