Tuesday, March 22, 2011

First Day of Spring Really???


10 good reasons to make biscotti. Starting with crunchy Cherry-Pistachio. King Arthur Flour – Baking Banter

Every Christmas Mom makes biscotti for us and it does not matter that I make it all year round - hers is always special. I just love biscotti. It is something I dunk in a cup of tea and mostly have during the winter months. It's when I curl up with a current read and a favourite quilt to cuddle under. It is a big sigh of happiness with snow carpeting the ground and there is a nip in the air. What! stop -  why am I talking about snow and nip in the air on the first day of spring. Well Mother Nature played a trick on us today and put us in the midst of a snowstorm. I know the snow won't last but it sure is a reminder of who is in charge.

So Monday was spent on the road driving through a snowstorm to Cornwall, Ontario and not in my favourite leather chair reading my book with a cup of tea and a plate of biscotti. It was that type of weather though! The trip to Cornwall was for a very good reason and well worth the drive. Cheers to Derek!
G'Nite all 

2 comments:

Jan said...

Heheh, looks yummy, recipe please!

Jan said...

Whoops, I got the recipe, heheh thanks I just didn't click the right spot.