Friday, February 5, 2010

Hearts are Forever



This month at The Primitive Gathering I have listed some Valentine pieces. I don't usually get into doing Valentine pieces but I figured hearts are an all year kind of symbol. Who does not like hearts surrounding them. They always brings a smile to your face, well mine at least. 

These are some stuffed hearts that I placed on wooden spindles purchased from an old textile mill in the US. They have been distressed and aged.


My heart stocking is based on a pattern that I made as Noel stockings. Bt this time I did a soft colour wash of pink and added some hearts cut from my hand dyed wool. The hearts are stitched on using a button hole stitch. You can find more photos on my artist site at The Primitive Gathering.

In a few days, on the 10th I will have a new punch needle pattern launching and it is all about hearts. You will get 3 new designs that I have made into little hanginging hearts. Now remember Mother's Day is coming up and Hearts are Forever. The original pieces will be for sale at Pfatt Marketplace. Here is a peek at one of the designs!






No comments: