Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crochet a Japanese Flower Shawl








This is a beautiful shawl that I want to crochet. It has been making the blog rounds. The pattern is the Japanese Flower pattern. It's hard to find in English (next to impossible) so I sourced out the book on ETSY and purchased it in Japanese. I did crochet quite a bit when I was younger and the stitches are not complicated so I think by the diagrams I can figure out how to do this one.


Source: etsy.com via Joni on Pinterest


The quandary is finding the wool I want to use. The picture above (from a very talented French designer) used Holst Garn yarn - which has an array of 121 colours.


Source: holstgarn.dk via Joni on Pinterest


Then there is a Debbie Bliss Andes (pricey) but a mix of Mulberry Silk and Baby Alpaca. It is beautifully soft with a slight sheen. ----hmmmm




Attic 24 blogger used the Debbie Bliss wool to make this shawl.. absolutely gorgeous too. I'll probably end up making both in the long run and give one away as a gift. Great as a pick up activity when watching TV....have a great afternoon.. off to some rug hooking...

3 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

WOW! That is really beautiful!

moosecraft said...

Beautiful! I like the colors in the first one better though. I do play with crochet, but haven't tried anything this complicated.

Joni of Fully Wooly Primitives said...

Yes I think my colours are more like the first one too- the wool comes from Denmark so I ordered the colour chart this morning as they have 121 to choose from. I am a tactile person so I like to have them in front of me :) I don't think the pattern is too complicated - as long as I can figure out the diagrmas and symbols as everything is in Japanese :)