Friday, February 25, 2011

This and That


Its been a busy two weeks. We are moving one of our parents to a senior citizen's home that is absolutely gorgeous. Thank God she has already downsized so it is not a nightmare - just a bit of running around and co-ordinating everything (movers, phone lines, mail delivery, and internet). This new place is just perfect for her and will give us peace of mind.

I have been adding new items to my website and expanding my inventory. Deanne Fitzpatrick books on rug hooking are on their way along with new cross stitch patterns by some brilliant designers. I am also looking into carrying some applique patterns that I can see being done in wool. So drop in and see what is up at 

Island Cottage Needlearts - Clover Sheep
On March 1st the new designer site opens up - Prim Nest - where I will be offering one of my original rugs. It's never been listed before - so i am excited about that. It also happens to be one of my favourites and has fond memories as I hooked it while I was in PEI last fall while sitting on the porch overlooking the ocean.

Since I am now a stay at home Mom to the furries I have been dyeing wool and working on my cross stitch designs as Island Cottage Needlearts. I have two spring ones on the drawing board.
Also have a new punch needle design next in line to do, which has been inspired by the new TWEED threads introduced by Valdani at Nashville Market this past weekend. I am anxious to execute the design and see how these new threads work out. I'll be carrying them on my website as soon as I get them - ordered yesterday.

Off to relax for a half hour before bed - reading a mystery on my Kindle (which I love) so much easier to read in bed and up early tomorrow to make some scones for breakfast.

G'nite all -- Joni


New Valdani threads - Robin's egg

New Valdani Threads - Lime Sand


No comments: