Sunday, August 12, 2012

In the Dyepots Today


Today I am in dyeing mode. I have been putting it off because of the rain, since I like to hang my pieces outside to dry. I am going to be doing these colours, Wooly Sheep, Tantramar Marsh, Homestead Blue & Lemongrass Tea. Ohhh I just love the blue and the lemongrass. 

When I was in Maine in May I bought myself two white dye pots. They are great as they can hold 2 yards at a time and give the wool that nice mottled look I love. This run I am dyeing 15-1/2 yards - a whole bolt! 

Guess it is going to be over 3 days - no way do I have the time today for all that. Closing ceremonies are on at 4:00PM and I am an Olympic junkie. I only watch sports every two years... isn't that a hoot! Have a great Sunday! 


an earlier dye run of pink posey 


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Good morning...do you know the brand name of the pots? My girlfriend dyes and thought this could be a better source for her. Also, where do you get your natural wool to dye? We have a place we get here in Oregon but are wanting to find other sources as well.


thank you and can't wait to see the finished products/colors.

Michelle

Jacqueline said...

I am happy to hear you are keeping up your blog. sorry about the family issues.