Sunday, June 10, 2012

Buzzzzzz......



Honey Bee - copyright Notforgotten Farm - please respect the designer. 


This is the new rug I will be working on. It's a simple primitive pattern by Lori of Notforgotten Farm. I will be hooking the background in my new favourite colour - Robin's Egg Blue. The wings will be a hand dye and the body a wonderful antique gold from Heaven's to Betsey. I will also be hooking a round border on this one to make it a little bigger than it's 11 inch size.


Once I am happy with the colours I will be offering a kit to do this pattern. You can find the original paper pattern on my website right now, but you will have to transfer the design to linen yourself. My kit will include the original paper pattern, the pattern transferred on linen and the wool cut to #8. It's a great pattern for a beginner or a really quick project for an experienced hooker. There will be a limited quantity available - depending upon how many of Lori's original patterns I have on hand.
My finished mat will go on my antique rocking chair. 


My husband just got a new camera and I have been playing with it. Haven't posted any new pics of the little guy, Liam, now 4-1/2 months and a going concern!  Here are a couple.....





and this is where we sit most afternoons...a lovely cool spot in the garden. Just waiting for the clematis to start blooming.






Have a great day! Joni

3 comments:

moosecraft said...

I've been admiring that bumble bee since Lori posted it on her blog... one of these days I will give in and hook it! Looking forward to seeing yours! Love that little Liam!!!!! He has the most handsome and inquisitive look about his face! :-)

Mugwump Woolies said...

What a beautiful face on your sweet pup! Please share your chair pad finish.
Have a good week,
Robyn

Honey from the Bee said...

Oh do let me know when you've got your bee done and have a kit available. I may just want a couple! ; )

Too cute. Love my doggies and so glad to have found your blog.