Monday, November 14, 2011

Dye Heaven






What a perfect start to the day when I went to mailbox and this wonderful sampling of beautiful dyed wools was there. I saw a couple of pieces of wool fabric that was dyed using this one colour that I fell in love with -  Verdigris Wash. A beautiful soft green/blue that will make a perfect background for a rug I am planning. Needless to say I had to find out where this colour came from. Susan Quicksall from Holly Hill Designs was the creator of this hue. I ordered her dye book and the samples and now I am ready to dye. 





Well first I have to get the dyes as these formulas use Pro-Chem which I have never used before. Lucky for me I am off to the Vermont rug hooking show this weekend and I am sure I will find my dyes there. I know what I will be doing next week when I get back home. The pots will be simmering and a rainbow of colours will be hanging from my portable clothesline and the neighbours will be wondering - "What is that woman up to now?". I will stand by my kitchen window gazing at this display of  luscious colour and drink it all in - one of the best parts of dyeing wool.


Have a great evening...Joni

1 comment:

moosecraft said...

Wow! That really is a lovely display of luscious color! Enjoy the Vermont rug show!