Monday, January 24, 2011

Working at Home Part Two - Hibernation

Now I know why bears hibernate. It's too darn cold! (-40 with the wind), Going out in a few mintues to see if the car will start. I have been hibernating. If I did not have an appointment today I would be staying home. When you don't have a regular place to go to everyday I am finding I am putting off going out. I try to schedule everything to be done in one day. Today's outing cannot be cancelled.

Coastal Girls copyright Deanne Fitzpatrick

Weather like this gives me a good excuse to plop myself in my most comfy leather chair piled with quilts, a movie or two on the TV, a cup of wintermint green tea by my side, some yummy cranberry/pistachio biscotti and my rug hooking on my lap.  This is what I am working on right now. I picked something out of my comfort zone. I love Deanne Fitzpatrick's style, so when I was in Nova Scotia this fall, I dropped by her studio and picked out this kit. I preferred to have her choose the colours since this called for bright colours and my stash of wool tends to be on the primitive style (understated colours). I am having so much fun with this one, that in my own designs there may be some brighter colours making an appearance. It's always nice to go out of the box and learn a few new things about yourself.

Off to start the car - --- and keep my fingers crossed. Keep warm for all of you braving these cold temps and for those that are enjoying warm ones - jealousy rears its ugle head LOL Joni

No comments: