Sunday, September 15, 2013

On The Island



Looking out from the deck to Cabot provincial Park over the dunes....

We have been on the island for a week now and will be celebrating Thanksgiving here. Then off to Amherst, Nova Scotia for the fiber festival.
I'll be posting some pics of my own fiber trail I have been taking...Meeting new friends and old...
I have been flitting between knitting, hooking, reading and baking. I brought lots of stuff to do. I even managed to bring my yarn winder for all those new skeins I happen to find. It's good I did because I signed up for Stephen West's Mystery Shawl KAL and bought some Shibui yarn to knit it. Some out of the box colours for me! These will be short posts and hope to get one done every day. Got a back log right now. Off to get my cinnamon rolls to rise and in the oven. I'll post a pic later if they look presentable. LOL..Meanwhile two sock projects on the go....Talk soon. Enjoy your day. Joni

Some lovely hand dyed wool with sparklies in it - perfect for Hermione pattern from Harry Potter inspired knitting....

A nice solid bright colour called Dutch which will define the stitching oin this sock pattern...



No comments: